Mid-life Without the Crisis

It really isn't the destination, but the journey. May be cliche, but it's true.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Take A Moment

My, it's been a while since I posted!  I guess I've been so busy that I just let this slide, but I enjoy sharing ideas and thoughts with others, so I'm going to make a better effort.

What with Thanksgiving, family visiting, family crises, and the upcoming holiday, this has been, and continues to be, a busy time of year for me, and probably for you as well.  I think we should take a moment to just be.  Enjoy that coffee.  Listen to that favorite song.  Laugh with your friend over a silly joke.  Take a walk.  Take a nap.  Let all the stress go.  All the demands on your time will be there when you're done taking care of yourself.  We don't know how long we have on this Earth - would you want to spend what theoretically could be your last day stressing about something?  Then don't.

Sit back and enjoy the moment with this song by the great Stevie Ray Vaughan (R.I.P.) and his brother Jimmy.

No comments: