Speaking of resolutions, I didn't really have any this year. Instead, I'm going with themes. Within each, I have concepts, but I'm letting things be very fluid and relaxed this year. Here are my themes and concepts:
1. Learn something new.
- Swedish - I'm getting back to learning a new language on Livemocha. I'll probably have to review all my old lessons before I start any new ones, but that's okay.
- Guitar - My mom gave me a guitar and I wanna give it a try. My husband plays and I'm going to have him teach me. I may not like it - I didn't stick with piano lessons as a kid - but I thought it might be fun.
- Crochet - My mom crochets and she started teaching me last year, but I got involved in a cross-stitch project and never got back to the crochet. This is the year!! I'll probably try a scarf in Doctor Who colors.
- Be Kind - This is not always easy when people cut you off in traffic, are rude to you, or whatever, but I'm going to work on doing the right thing anyway.
- No Votes for Bums - I'm also applying this concept to my voting. I won't vote for anyone who votes to violate our civil rights. I know that means I might end up with no one to vote for, but that's okay.
- Tell 'Em Why - I've also started writing to our leaders telling them why I will not be voting for them. Again, may not make any difference, but I think it's the right thing to do.