Mid-life Without the Crisis

It really isn't the destination, but the journey. May be cliche, but it's true.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ready for Christmas Yet?

Yeah, I know it's way too early to think about Christmas...well, unless you like to shop early.  Or you want to make gifts for your friends and family.  Or you are already excited because your daughter will be home from Sweden for 2 weeks during Christmas.  But I digress.

Actually, October is the traditional month at my house to start making wish lists, so this post is a little early, but I wanted to share something really neat with you.  I was Stumbling yesterday and came across this video about Furoshiki, the Japanese wrapping cloth.  Watch the video first and then we'll talk.....



Was that not cool!?  I love this idea on so many levels.  Unlike wrapping paper, the cloth could be washed if needed.  It's eco-friendly since it's reusable.  You could make your own (read more).  And just think, if you could get all your friends and family to try it out, you'd have interesting new patterns to keep and re-use yourself.  

So maybe it's not too early to think about Christmas after all!

No comments: